What are the benefits?
- Increases absorption of topical skincare products
- Skin texture instantly smoothed
- Brightens the skin and evens out skin tone
- Improves mild scarring
- Stimulates collagen production
- Provides a smooth canvas for a flawless and even makeup application
- Instant visible results
- Creates a healthier, more radiant appearance
- Pain free with zero down time
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Primes skin for chemical peels
"Your peach fuzz will grow back thicker and darker."
Let's squash this rumor once and for all! It's biologically impossible for hair to grow back thicker because of shaving. Dermaplaning does not affect the root of the hairs or disrupt growth. Shaving simply creates a blunt tip on the hairs which may be interpreted as feeling thicker.
"Dermaplaning causes breakouts."
While dermaplaning cannot be performed on skin with active inflamed acne, it will prevent clogged pores and pimples from forming. By removing the top layer of dead skin cells, dermaplaning will prevent those cells from becoming trapped in your pores. It also makes it easier for your acne treatments and serums to penetrate into your pores, therefore making those products more effective.
"At-home dermaplaning is the same as a professional treatment."
Purchasing a Tinkle razor from Amazon is not going to give you the same results as a medical-grade scalpel and highly trained Esthetician. A quality dermaplaning blade gets rid of the superficial layers of dead skin cells as well as vellus hair providing a deeper more effective treatment, while the drugstore tool only removes the surface hair.